Friday, January 14, 2005

Gingerbread Bakers Man

Gingerbread Bakers Man ... yep, that would be me. So, I'm rehearsing with the band last night for the big show in 2 weeks and I unleash this new song that I want 2 do, something I just wrote the other night. The looks on their faces was priceless. It was somewhere along the lines of ... "what the hell is this shit?" "he doesn't really want me to play this, does he?" "is he some kind of circus freak?" They then proceeded to make fun of the song, which led me to believe they liked it, LOL. Honestly, it is a bit odd, it does sound a bit, as my self professed straight jew guitar playing pal Seth said, like "something you would hear coming from a Merry Go - Round". LOL. But U know, one thing I never want 2 be is predictable. I have no idea how this song will go over with the crowd, but I think it's a fun song, it's meant to be a fun, silly song and I think it'll work.

One of the things I'm loving about rehearsing with a band, besides the fact that they make my songs feel new to me again and give them different dimensions, is that U really never know what you're gonna get. 4 instance, I thought we could make "Art" into this really cool jazzed out number that was slinky and sweet, and had we more time to rehearse we could do that, but we don't. What it turned out to be was this really hard hitting rock improv number that I would have never dreamed of turning it into, but that ABSOLUTELY WORKS! Halfway through, I just start feeling it and it's obvious they're feeling it. It was very cool. I think the next time I meet with them, we are just going to go even further with it and rock that shit to death.

And the song "Atlantis"? Wow. That's all I'm gonna say. This is gonna be one helluva night. I can't wait!

Here's a bit of a teaser from that merry go - round song (and hence the title of this post):

... 4 a gingerbread bakers man a pretty boy confection is
made up of dirty hands and peachy thighs and full of cream.
Hello, my name is Alice. Let's go 2 Wonderland!
Beware of tricky tarts and wicked queens with stacked hands...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home